the X
After spending the last many years being terrified of running into X, these fears have finally been resolved. Last week, out of the blue, X made overtures to me about cups of tea, and I happily agreed. The past few years has seen me, on several occasions, make several similar attempts, only to be dramatically denied at various points in the painful tea-cupping process. Something about the impasse in the road from lovers to friends, which X made into a mighty fortress as only a Taurean could.
But tea came and tea went, and X and I managed to laugh and smile at each other without the crosshairs and crossbows to which we had been so accustomed. It was really nice. After all, I had pretty much given up on the idea of ever having a civil conversation. Let alone a giggle.
The best part of seeing X though is not about closure, or future, or that book I never got back. It's that I don't have to worry about X anymore. Over the last few years I have heard here and there all manner of strange X sightings, encounters and occurrences, each more worrying and mentally unwell than the last.
So I was with great pleasure that I entered X's home to witness not stagnant lost hopelessnes, but bright white window-light and a comfy chair for one.
Tea came and went, and the fortress has been breached. Whether or not the path is clear is another story, though, whose plot is heavily dependent on whether X will ever accept my life with Q, and the happiness this brings to me.
I'll get time to tell that story some day.
But tea came and tea went, and X and I managed to laugh and smile at each other without the crosshairs and crossbows to which we had been so accustomed. It was really nice. After all, I had pretty much given up on the idea of ever having a civil conversation. Let alone a giggle.
The best part of seeing X though is not about closure, or future, or that book I never got back. It's that I don't have to worry about X anymore. Over the last few years I have heard here and there all manner of strange X sightings, encounters and occurrences, each more worrying and mentally unwell than the last.
So I was with great pleasure that I entered X's home to witness not stagnant lost hopelessnes, but bright white window-light and a comfy chair for one.
Tea came and went, and the fortress has been breached. Whether or not the path is clear is another story, though, whose plot is heavily dependent on whether X will ever accept my life with Q, and the happiness this brings to me.
I'll get time to tell that story some day.

<< Home