cardboardy blog

cardboardy (adjective) 1. tasteless, dry, chewy 2. unreal, unconvincing blog(noun) 1. a log that starts with 'b'

Friday, July 28, 2006

restless

Dreamt about the forum geeks last night.
It started in the Universal back lot which, dressed with tombstones and lit by mist, has brought so many nightstalkers and sewercrawlers into my heart. I remember casually scanning the ground for cigarette butts to take as souveneirs, for they were most likely Spike’s, and someone was sure to want them.
Suddenly late, Q and I jumped on a train which ran along the tracks behind the Restfield Cemetary. At the other end of the carriage we found ourselves in a hotel bar attending a spontaneous geek gathering that had been organised earlier that day on the batg forum. I was very excited but played it down for Q even though Q has long since discovered my geeking inclinations, and more recently my clandestine cardboard endeavours. Q was struggling to suppress the smiles, ever chuffed at how much I enjoy being a geek.
One geek stood up (who’s photo I have seen in a picture with Harry Groener taken lurking at the stage door after Spamalot) and said, ‘can I just ask, put your hand up if you are from the batg forum, and about 15 or 20 hands went up. So when I put my own hand and said, ‘I’m cardboardy’, Q fell about laughing with those curls flying everywhere. Nobody else said anything just stared at me, and I still didn’t know who anyone was. The room was full of actual people I ‘knew’, but who were completely unrecognisable to me, and the scene melted before anyone else introduced themselves.

Labels: