cardboardy blog

cardboardy (adjective) 1. tasteless, dry, chewy 2. unreal, unconvincing blog(noun) 1. a log that starts with 'b'

Monday, February 05, 2007

Captain Cardboard

Riley has always irked me.

Most of my cringing moments in season 4 involve Riley. And ADAM. But they are both part of the same difficult arc.

Slightly simpering, too clean cut, never quite sexy, never quite geeky, just all round ordinary. As for his underground army fetish, well that only makes it worse.

Having said that, the funniest thing happens when I get up to about 'Family', when Riley says to Xander over a quiet cardboard box (thats me!!), "...but she doesn't love me."

Suddenly Riley becomes interesting, and I feel for him, and I want to know his secrets. As the episodes rush headlong towards the midnight departure by chopper, I become entranced by his dark, broody, moody forehead thing, and his turtleneck secrets and lies. He looks almost hot when he's being sucked off by the 2bit vamptroll in the shadows. By then, alas, too late.

Poor country cousin of mine.

Labels: