cardboardy blog

cardboardy (adjective) 1. tasteless, dry, chewy 2. unreal, unconvincing blog(noun) 1. a log that starts with 'b'

Friday, December 08, 2006

BSG field notes

Last time I saw Starbuck she was trying to get antiboitics for Anders, lest he die horribly from a runny nose. Sadly I predict this to be his fate, but seeing as he’s probably a Cylon, we’ll see him again.
I watched the 10 resistance webisodes that link season 2 and season 3, but have no access to season 3 until January 2008. That’s right, 13 months away.
My weird friend Radiobody has been asking all sorts of questions about Starbuck’s whereabouts. Last we knew, she was saying, "We fight ‘em until we can’t". So why was she not in the resistance webisodes? WHY!!!
Better make something up…

OK so Anders is dead, and the operation that Starbuck had in that terrifying Cylon clinic on Caprica turn out to be a ACME chips ahoy implant. After all Cylon technology is so advanced that their chips could include dips and beer. So I think Starbuck has been recalled to the toaster factory.... but eventually will be rescued in the usual manner.
I’m seriously excited about the payoff for all the mystery medical meddling of Season 2, especially Starbuck, including Adama senior and the lovely lovely Laura Roslin.
I also have to note how much I enjoyed Lee and Starbuck's drunken romp. It eased the tension between those two for approximately 24 seconds. We are gonna have to wait a long time for those two to get it together. Especially if one of them starts turning chrome.